Wine & Cheese
Have you heard the real truth about….wine & cheese? You thought these two were happily married for all time, but their relationship is much more complex, we think deliciously so. Here we offer you an epicurean cheat sheet for the next time you plan a wine & cheese party or want to impress your date with such savoir faire:
- Goat’s cheese goes with Sauvignon Blanc.
- Camembert pairs perfectly California Chardonnay, both equally rich and buttery.
- Munster must be washed down with a Gewurztraminer.
- Cheddar and sweet wines such as Sauternes or Monbazillac play nicely together.
- Stilton and Roquefort or any blue cheese you can handle aligns nicely those sweeties the Sauternes or a Monbazillac, as well as Gewurztraminer and even an oaky California Chardonnay
Hint — When in doubt, a rich white wine especially from Alsace or California mates much better with cheese than any red.